Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:43 PM   #1

I thought members may be interested in this new bill it could effect most of our outdoor photography.
A new House of Commons Bill proposes a ban on photography in public places, anyhow click on link, have a read and if you agree register your objection and mail this on to as many persons who you think my be interested.

lello is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:52 PM   #2

How would this new ban if inacted affect all the tourists that bring their cameras to take photos of all the wonderful things the UK has to offer? I guess they will just have to post a sign, "leave your cameras at home, no photos allowed" or something like that. I hope someone will bring this up before it is voted on. Tourist without cameras, I don't think so. It just goes to show you what kind of idiots we have running our countries. I keep waiting for one of our senators here to try banning cars because they kill too many people.

mebareit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:03 PM   #3

This is happening in the UK?? Aren't you people under constant video surveillance anyway? I thought laws like this only existed in places like North Korea, or perhaps some tribal nations where they think a photograph steals your soul.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 9:43 PM   #4

How does a government envisionimplementing legislation that makes every tourist and a fair proportion of its own citizenscriminals. I followed your link but found no details of the proposed legislation. Tried a google search and again could not find anything, beyond other links to the petition. Do you have anything ?
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote