Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:29 AM   #1

Hello everybody, I'm Fabio, from Italy. First of all, sorry for my bad english =)
I'm going to buy a compact camera to use outdoor, during my rides in motocross and mtb-freeride and I'm very interested to these two cameras. I know I should buy a DSLR, but It's too big and expensive. I'm attracted by this two cameras: fz7 and fz8, both seem to be quite fast and quite small to carry on my rides. The dilemma is...what is better for action photos? Because if the fz7 is fast, even better than fz8, I think I'll buy the fz7 (100 Euros less here in Italy!). For exemple, I've seen burst mode and fz7 is still better...

Could you help me?
Thank you very much,
ghio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2007, 3:12 PM   #2

Hi Fabio,

I've not got a FZ7 (I know many people on this forum have), I'm certainly no expert but from what I read (prior o buying my FZ8) the shot time from pressing the button is very fast on both the FZ7 and FZ8.

I've not found the FZ8 that great for moving fast action shots but then I'm a novice and not using the manual settings to their greatest effect.

I've posted pictures on here from the FZ8 and as I said I'm no expert.

If I can help let me know as I know information on the FZ8 is few and far between.

PantsUK is offline   Reply With Quote