Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 22, 2007, 5:22 AM   #1

Good morning, i need your help to define if i buy or not this FX50. I'm looking for a compact digital camera, with 3" LCD, 28mm Lens, small delay, etc... But with good image quality for a non professional. My real interest is to take pics of my baby, that will born on july, i wait for your HELP.
poubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2007, 8:18 AM   #2

Suggestion: buy whatever you *think* may work for you, but from a place with a generous (read: no hassles) return policy. Amazon allows 30 days; BHPhotoVideo.com & BeachCamera.com, either 7 or 10 days, I forget. Brick & mortar stores = Ritz/Wolf/The Camera Store, all the same for "10-day return" purposes. At the latter, you'll pay more than online. Indeed, I was lucky enough to bump into a Fuji e900 at Ritz. Purchased it at $350; loved it; returned it, getting an immediate refund.Grabbed it instead from BeachCamera.com for about $230.

Incidentally, I especially like Amazon--- if the price drops within 30 days after purchase, send them an email and they will credit the diff to the credit card used to make the purchase.

Bottom-line: no one but you can determine desirable image quality. I don't know what it is about cameras in general, but they are the only electronic items I've ever found myself returning (which explains whyI *KNOW* EACH of the mentioned merchants has aGOOD return policy). Reviews are helpful, both professional and personal, but don't be a slave to them. Use 'em to winnow the list of potential purchases, then start your try-me-out spree.

Have fun!

TreoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote