Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 29, 2007, 1:27 PM   #1

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe, and I about to buy my first SLR...which Rocks. I am looking at this Handsome Rebel XTI with a sexy Canon 17-85 IS USM Lens. My question is, have any of you guys ever heard of the company I am considering buying from?

I want to do all of my research before I make my purchase, and this company seems to offer pricing well below everyone else that I have seen for this product. Not only do the item prices seem to be really good...but they carry a ton of accessories to go with my camera.

So I came to the pro's at steves-digicams.com to get the skinny on this company, before I go lay out $1,000 on my new camera. And maybe to get some opinions on their business, if any of you have had past experiences.

I really am looking forward to buying my new camera, the money is almost burning a hole in my pocket. Everything I have read so far sounds positive, and I'm just looking for that last, "Yeah, their pricing is low, and the items are as promised..." kindof statement, before I go ahead with my purchase.

Thanks for your comments in advance,

Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2007, 2:15 PM   #2

Well I think you posted in the wrong forum but while they claim their stuff carries a USA warranty the price seems to be a little too low........makes me wary.

ANd their return policy states up to a 35% restocking fee.......I would avoid these guys........But I have no personal experience with them.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:30 AM   #3

Thanks for your help, See its good to know what to look for.

I may have to give them a call, payday is comming up, and thats when I plan on making my purchase.

So I have a couple of days before I actually BUY from http://www.shopdigitalcorp.com but at least you pointed me in the right direction.

Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:38 AM   #4

A good place to check for 'assurances' of web-based vendors is at--

Having said that, it appears the firm is new and has a very limited feedback as yet...

Bottom line... Caveat Emptor... Pay w/credit card to have some leverage over purchase disputs and document all communications/promises etc...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 5:18 PM   #5

You can check out places with the Better Business Bureau online. Steve's has a What Camera Should I Buy Forum and I have seen people talk about good vendors there. For something expensive I would personally use an established company with a better return policy.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 5:23 PM   #6

This are a couple of reputable vendors with a pretty good price. There are a number of other good vendors out there so I would not take a chance with one with no track record. Many of them are owned by the same company just using a "store front" with a different name and they are usually bad news.

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote