Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:00 PM   #1

None photographic pointer of caution!

I have a cell phone. I use verizon prepaid

Had a phone that was just fine but for the last 3 months was becoming a bit of a problem. Girl friend insists it all began when I droped in the sink with nomore than 1" of water. After 2 days of drying it too a charge properly but if the battery wass removed it would again take 2 day to hold a good charge. Verizon would not replace it for free because on the back of the phone and under the battery a blue spot had turned red indicating water damage. So much for that idea of free fix or replacment after 1.5 years.

I strongly feel that all phones are good but the services all stink. Rather than improve the service they just add bells and whistles to the phone to keep the fools happy.

I had a $100 gift card to Best Buy from points earned on my credit card so I bought a new Samsung with a camera ( I tell everyone that if you have a rectal cyst don't go to a dentist and if you need a digital camera don't buy a phone) I just love the notion that at any time I like I can take a mediocre picture with my phone.

The phone was $109 and they gave me a $15.00 credit for my old Pantech phone. Fantabulouse I made out like a bandit on the deal. Yesterday, one week to the day I went to the Best Buy web site to look at cases and Bluetooth for my Samsung.

Low and behold there was my phone NOT on sale but $30 less!!!

Took the bus down to Best Buy and gave thewm the good news and they gave me back $30

Best Buy has been in the news in various states for this little trick so keep one eye on what you need, the other on the price tag and the other on the stores internet web site !!

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links