Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 11, 2003, 1:06 AM   #1
Default Request: LC33 Pics

The only bad things I have heard about LC33 is the noise in the not so well lit conditions. I have looked all over the web but couldn't find a single picture of LC33 used indoor in poorly lit scene.

Like many others I am also confused between A70 and LC33. I have seen comparision pictures between A70 and LC33 in a czech website. They concluded that pictures from LC33 is better than A70 but again no indoor shots.

Anyways if some one can post indoor pictures from LC33, pref. under normal lighting conditions (night), it will be of great help.

anshulkothari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2003, 11:27 PM   #2

I found some pictures for LC-20 over the internet... The dim lit shots donot look so impressive. I wonder how does the LC-33 perform...

Anyways if some one is interested in seeing those pictures, visit the following website.

anshulkothari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:54 PM   #3

This is a rather extreme example, my 2-year old daughter managed to turn off the flash before taking this picture of me (EXIF data says flash off, ISO 200)

If you detach it and put it into something where you can pull up the gamma on it, the detail becomes visible, noisy but there.

rkneebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2003, 7:42 AM   #4
Default LC33 low light issues

I looked at both cameras extensively and like them both. I bought the A70 and it does quite well in low light. It appears from the samples I have seen that the LC33 is more constrasty in its native setting - which might make it look slightly sharper, but also darken some of the lower lit areas. I saw this in the shady areas in Steve's sample shots. The details of well light areas were great, but shadows not as good. That may be something which could be adjusted in the contrast setup, but I am not sure.

TS :lol:
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote