Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 29, 2007, 8:19 PM   #1

Was a reasonable day and we had nothing on, so my wife badgered me into coming out into the back yard to do some weeding. Of course I brought out the FZ30.

I was immediately distracted by the fact the orchids were getting ready for flowering

back to work....until I noticed the "happy wanderer" (hardenbergia violacea) was already flowering

as was the purple thryptomine

Concentrate, gotta weed,.....but those damn musk parrots are making a racket

and then the galahs came to feed

and to watch us work

bloody weeds seem to never end. Of course when I spotted the new visitors

that was it for the afternoon. I have not had any long billed corellas in the garden before and I now have about 30 photos.

By this time my wife had given up and was sitting down with a cup out tea. Oh well we'll weed next week. Is it any wonder the garden is a mess? What do you reckon our chances are of getting the garden in order by spring ?

Rafael (eFZed30)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/ (referral code on my page)

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:25 AM   #2

I was just going back and looking at post and these are some fablous shots Rafael. I'm jealous of all your birds. I've got feeders out but we just don't have that much variety in beautiful birds here. Your a lucky man living where you do.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2007, 11:47 PM   #3

Yeah, what Don said.

And also, why all these blooming flowers? That is no kind of decent winter, and you should move somewhere that has snow. Much better pictures with all that reflection off the snow. Trust me.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:47 AM   #4

Thanks Don and Steve. No being jelous, I have seen some lovely north american birds on this forum blue-jays and cardinals, woodpeckers and owls. We just happen to have lots of parrot species...where I am lucky is that my suburb has lots of native flora in the parks and gardens and that means that the native fauna still live here.

And Steve I realise this is not winter by your standards, yet you should hear people here moan about the cold. The numbers that head up to Queensland (our Florida I suppose) to get a bit of sun at this time of the year is astonishing. Me, I like our winters they are cool and often grey and rainy, but we get enough decent days that I never feel too enclosed.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:51 AM   #5

Very nice series Rafael. An exotic variety of birds for us North Americans. Where all the subjects in your pictures captured in your back yard? (!) Thanks for posting.

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:11 AM   #6

Beautiful shots Rafael, If I were in your yard I wouldn't get any weeding done either. :lol:
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:20 AM   #7

No doubt FZ30 is one of the best digital cameras. When it gets into the right hands (and eyes), the result is what you see above. Cool shots, all of them.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 7:09 PM   #8

Thanks Emmanuel, tinosa and raghu for your kind words and yes Emmanuel all of these were taken in my back-yard, though in a couple the birds were in a tree in the neighbours property. We have lots of native plants around us, both in a our gerden, in the neighbourhood and in surrounding parks, so we are surrounded by birds.