Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:27 PM   #11

The detail in your shots is very impressive indeed.
mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 1:50 PM   #12

Sometimes I get lucky. I think the little guy was zoning out when I took the pic.
RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 3:49 PM   #13

RedStickMan wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

I get quite a few different ones in my yard. It seems like these yellow-ish ones are the easiest to get good photos of because they don't seem to scare easily. I get some smaller blue bodied type, but they don't stay in one place too long.

I have a small backyard pool and it's fun to watch them dive bomb the surface for quick sips of the water. Maybe one day I'll capture a shot of that!
I have to do some more research, but this looks to be the same kind as in the post I made today called "Less Then Super Sharp But Nice" And I think from looking at pictures I found online that mine is a female Blue Dasher. And the males are possibly those littler blue ones you see. I did not know the females were brown/gold instead of blue, but I do see a lot of the males and they are a heck of a lot flightier then the females. I actually have a lot of male pictures, but none from close up.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote