Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:37 PM   #1

My pictures usually come out great with my DMC-FZ7. But when I try to take pics of my son playing hockey they look almost bleached out. I have tried many adjustments with no luck. Any suggestions???
bbear229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:43 AM   #2

Do you have any hockey pictures online to look at? Is this indoor hockey or outdoor, and how bright is it? It might be easier to give you tips if we knew the circumstances of your washed out shots.

In case it helps, I just photographed an outdoor fencing tournament. Bright sunny conditions. I got the best shots under those conditions by focusing on a light area of the lightest uniforms. I used autofix in Elements on the pictures, but even without that the colors were not too bad. If I focused on a dark uniform or area (using shutter priority), the camera set aperture wide enough that anything lighter then my focus area washed out.

You can see the pictures at above link. On the right side of the page under type of camera it says more information. You can click on that to get EXIF data for each picture, showing aperture, ISO and shutter speed. Not the same sport as hockey but some fast motion, and an FZ7 was used so it may help.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote