Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 23, 2007, 6:40 PM   #31

That is a niceSwan shot. I like the movement in the wings.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:08 AM   #32

I tried to reply to the Swan pic last night but kept getting an error.Very nice shooting on that one Suze, Swans are always troublesome to expose right and youve done a great job here.

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:35 PM   #33

Great timing + great exposure = great photo.
Thanks for sharing it.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 3:43 PM   #34

I can see why this is a favourite.
I like the direction of the light and your control of the exposure. Large white subjects are a challenge - to hit the right balance between having enough exposure to bring out the whiteness without blowing the highlights.
You also managed to capture a very characteristic "swan pose"!
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 3:31 PM   #35

Hello! I am still here, just haven't been on much lately. I have been busy with some of my other projects and hobbies. One of my hobbies is family genealogy, along with several others. Though I have looked in occcasionally, I haven't been using the camera much. Took a few photos a week ago at the National D-Day mueseum in New Orleans, but only a few came out and the highlights were blown somewhat. It is a nice place to go, though.

Will at least try to comment more.

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2007, 1:58 PM   #36

Tullio wrote:
I think there's always interest in seeing new images. If I understood the complaints correctly, there's still a lot of foot traffic, just not enough replies/comments leftto the postings (i.e. 80 people browsing a particulartopic but only two taking the time to write something about it). In my opinion, when users post every picture they take without being the least selective, the participants will little by little start to ignore those postings (unless they really show some outstanding work). So, I think we have to be careful not to blow things out of proportion. Historically, Steve's forums have been very friendly and most members will leave nice, positive feedback even if the quality of the work is below average. This behaviour certainly does not exist at dpreview. If you post a mediocre image, you'll get nasty comments, period. Well, maybe people here are tired of writing up positive comments to below average entries and instead of leaving rude comments, they are simply ignoring them altogether. I don't know...just pure speculation on my side.
You'recorrect about the quality of the post having a lot to do with the replies. I myself try to be selective with my post but sometimes my abilities as a photographer just don't measure up to some who post here. I have seen some of the photos you are referring to though (really bad) including some of mine. That's why weneed to comment on the quality and offer suggestions as to how to make it better. I think somearescaredthey will hurt someones feelings if they point out shortcommings but that's really the way I learned what little I know about photography. Posting and realizing the shot does not measure up but then asking questions and forC&C.

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:56 AM   #37

I agree with all the comments made previouslyfrom the othermembers of this forum. I would like to add, that most of the members have bought other cameras, mostly, DSLR's and moved to other forums.

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:18 PM   #38

I haven't been posting much either but with the new link perhaps it won't be hassle to sign in. I keep busy with my blog, keep flickr somewhat updated and just family life. I should stop by more as I do missing seeing the photos here.

Beth Ellen
Beth Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:14 AM   #39

JimC wrote:

I'll test it some more. But, I think you're just seeing a side effect of posting to threads using the old url at http://www.stevesforums.com (do not use that one). From outward appearances, if you post to an old url, the e-mails will have links to the old url. The e-mail's I get when posts to threads I'm watching occur use the new url.

So, to bypass the problem until we can figure out a better solution, make sure you only login and post to the new forum url at http://forums.steves-digicams.com
Thank you JimC. Now I have found that the five or six identical digest emails which I receive every day are not completely identical anymore: some contain in each message the (now) correct URL, others still have the old, incorrect one.

My wish would be that I only receive one digest email not six (my delete button gets worn out), and that it has the right URL. Do you think that would be possible?

Question for other digest subscribers: do you have the same duplicated email problem?
Yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:03 AM   #40

Just a sign of life.

Ok, the cookie problem is solved by now, but many people have left the forum...

Like many others, I am using different cameras too. Actually the type and manufacturer is no longer important to me. We should have transferred this nice community to a neutral site, but I guess this is too late now.

If anybody starts a flickr group or something like that, I would join it.(http://www.flickr.com/photos/seemolf/)

The second best choice is to advertise our now homes here:
Where's everybody at? Page:1 2 3 4 5 6.. 9

Let's make this thread sticky??

In the meantime I am playing around on this site:

Fotothingis a nice and responsive community. All new pictures automatically find their way to a little presentation on my homepage....

This is a selection of FZ5 pictures from last week: (Sylt, island)

seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote