Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:37 AM   #1

new to the camera and have seen many reviews saying it is better to change contrast and noise reduction to low. Others say it helps setting sharpness to high. Anyone experienced with this, or similar panasonic cameras, have setting to recommend?
doto41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2008, 8:03 AM   #2

Experiment with the settings yourself. There are people who like to set certain parameters higher than others to try and avoid having to do anything to enhance their images later on the computer, and others who do just the opposite.

Noise reduction is rather aggressive, so I prefer to always have that turned to LOW, whether I'm using an FZ8, FZ50 or LX2. Sharpness, to me, looks fine set to Standard, as does everything else (Saturation and Contrast). Pick a good subject and shoot it using several parameters and you'll find the parameters you like better. This is a matter of personal taste, not which is "right", because there is no one right setup. What's right is what you like.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:12 AM   #3

I get my best picture exposure when I use the spot meter. I also set the noise reduction to low.
richwolf is offline   Reply With Quote