Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 2, 2008, 1:03 PM   #1

I had intended to buy eitther the new Canon A590 IS, or the Panasonic LZ8, both at $199 CDN, but everything I've read about the new LZ8/10 suggest that there's more to them than the new Canon( Venus Engine IV, wide angle lenses, 5X optical zoom, high res 2.5" LCD, P/A/S/M, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I couldn't find a LZ8, but I was able to find one LZ10 at Henry's Photo locally for $250 CDN, so I grabbed it.

First Impressions - it's tiny and shiny! I have very large hands and the camera feels very insecure in my hands. After 24 hours I'm starting to find a comfortable way to hold and use the camera - a small 'pod helps. Other than that the camera seems to work as advertised - very crisp shots, accurate colours.

I don't usually buy the first device down the pike, and I'm still pretty nervous about this, but I've got 15 days to decide if I want to keep it, or exchange it.

I found lots of info and sample pix at Panasonic Global

I'm interested to hear about any other experiences with the new LZ's.
davadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2008, 9:04 PM   #2

Can you please post some photo samples from the Panasonic LZ-10. Thanks!

sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:04 AM   #3

Thanks for the inquiry. I have to tell you that I returned the LZ10 and bought a Canon A720 IS for $220 cdn. I wasn't very happy with a lot of the shots I took - not very good image quality! Everything else about the camera was excellent, well thought out, great lens.
Instead of showing my photos go to
http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...ix-DMC-LZ10/p1 for a full review with photos.
Hope this helps. I'm very disappointed that I had to return the LZ10, it looked like quite a camera. Perhaps the LZ8 might be an improvement over the LZ10 because it's only an 8 megapixel cam instead of 10.
Regards, davadd
davadd is offline   Reply With Quote