Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 1, 2008, 2:49 PM   #11

The main reason behind all the out of focus areas in that image that I can seehas more to do with me taking that picture at the 280mm tele end of the zoom and being very close to the closest focusing distance, which rendered lots of out of focus regions. There's even an out of focus leaf or two cutting through in front of the pink blooms' stem, blocking some of the detail. Because of the small sensor, the out of focus detail often does not completely blur out like you canget it to dowith a DSLR.

I've been with Smugmug now for close to 3 years and love the service. I pay the annual fee for a pro account, have unlimited storage, the ability to set my own pricesto sell off their site and the prints and other novelties they sell where you can apply a picture are excellent.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2008, 3:46 PM   #12

Well, I did not exactly meant that... of course OOF regions are due to the long focal distance used. I was actually referring to those little "dot-like" stains that can be seen especially on the green background. They really look like ISO noise heavily reduced by the NR.
Maybe it's not the case, but I'm still curious

Thanks for the small review of SmugMug, I really like the ease of use of it, and it also looks pretty fast. Will definitely look into it, even though it's more expensive than flickr.
Sciamano is offline   Reply With Quote