Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 26, 2008, 7:45 AM   #1

Does anyone have any early experience with the new 10.1-megapixel Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 yet?

I bought and used a Canon SD890IS on vacation a few weeks go but I was dissatisfied with the image quality of the pictures I took. I was a bit surprised too in that the SD790IS (shoudl be same "innards" but with 3X optical instead) was getting good reviews, I decided to return it and continue my search.

The FX500 appears, on paper at least, to match my requirements almost perfectly. I was going to try the TZ5, but it is too large to carry comfortably in my jeans pocket.

Any thoughts are welcome!!! Thanks!!!
Rick America is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2008, 2:41 AM   #2

I have the Panasonic FX500 and am quite happy with it. Pictures are very good and the features of the camera are just amazing. For those pixel peepers and Fuji fans: Yeah, I know that the Fuji F100 is supposed to have a sharper picture and better low light capabilities but I don't care. The camera does what I want it to do and the pictures are quite good. The wide angle lens is great and the many ways that you can control your picture parameters is enough to keep you busy for several weeks.

If you are the type of person that will buy a camera and then hunt feverishly for reviews that confirm your bright decision, don't bother. It is not likely that this camera is going to get stunning reviews for IQ. What it will give you is the opportunity to carry a compact P & S that will give you a great deal of flexibility in setting up your shot And produce pictures that you will be pleased to keep. Just enjoy.
fredbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2008, 7:32 AM   #3

this topic is one for me...any additions in here from users of the fx 500? what´s important to me is the image quality..can anybody confirm or deny the accusations against the raised objections of high noise and so on?
or has there been any new firmware which might have fixed the issue anyway?

santuris is offline   Reply With Quote