Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 17, 2008, 10:42 AM   #11

I will probably print most of the pictures I will shoot with the TZ5, but that's because I love to keep hard-copies of my shots. You'll never know what can happen to "bare" files, and even though I keep at least three copies of my files on different disks, I still prefer to have at least a printed copy, just in case.
Anyway, noise (at least at ISO100) shouldn't really get noticed when printed, so I'm not bothered nor worried. I basically just wanted to make sure I did not get a "faulty" camera.
Sciamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:21 PM   #12

I've got the same issues with my TZ5.....I've actually emailed Panasonic UK to find out if there is any possibility I've got a faulty lens/sensor or something.
I'm not a brilliant photographer, I'm not even "very good"....just a point and shoot snapper.
But I look at pictures other people have posted on diferent forums using the TZ5 "straight out of the box" and mine don't even come close.
Every picture I have taken seems soft and out of focus whether I use iA or the "standard" setting even at 100 ISO.
I swapped from a Canon S3is because I wanted something that wasn't quite so bulky and could be slipped into a pocket easily. I have recently purchased my wife a Canon Powershot A570 and despite being half the price the quality of it's pictures are way ahead of the Panny.
It's a shame because my initial impressions on opening the box were good....a very well screwed together camera with a nice weighty feel to it. And the large LCD is a godsend for me.
But the way it's looking at the moment I can see this one ending up on e-Bay.

Smiffy is offline   Reply With Quote