Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 26, 2008, 8:47 AM   #1

I recently purchased a Pana LZ-8 for my 13 year old grandaughter from www.buydig.com for $149.00, and naturally I had to take a few trial shots.

Well, I was quite surprised at the excellent results from the very nice little camera. It has 8mp, 5X optical zoom and full manual as well as auto controls. Here is a no flash photo sample taken inside a restaurant last night.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2008, 10:54 AM   #2

The LZ8 and LZ10 both areneat little cameras, with a LOT of options for what you pay, including fully manual and semi-manual exposure modes. You could almost call them a "poor man's LX2" in the Panasonic line due to all the manual options you get, with updated, better JPEG processing (especially over ISO 100) than the LX2to boot.

Add to that the use of regular or re-chargeable AA's, it's a great camera for kids/teenagers to learn with or for anyone else who'd like the semi manual to manual options, but at a lower price. Last year I bought my daughter a Fuji F40, which turned out to be a great buy but she, within weeks, lost the charger which, of course, I had to replace.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote