Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 30, 2008, 6:07 PM   #1

Hello there,

I am using my FZ18(firmware 1.0.5)since last December and have seen this problem appear randomly. Please look at the atatched picture. The lower part of the picture has different exposure/colours and is offset from rest of the picture. The offset is always horizontal and can cover 15-50% of the image.

This happens with several different SD/SDHC (class 6) cards. Although never noticed one with videos. (could this mean some problem with shutter?)

I have lost so many good pictures due to this problem. Is there anything wrong with my settings? Has anyone see this problem? Before sending my camera for repairs, I want to find out from the experts here.

Please help me.

Thank you.
Attached Images
kmayur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2008, 7:31 AM   #2

Your problems reminds me of the problem that occured when not properly loading a roll of 35mm film that did not sit on the sprocket wheel properly to advance to the next frame.

Have you had this problem with all your memory chips are could it be only occuring on one that is slightly warped?

I hope your camera is still under warrenty or you have a extended warranty.

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote