Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 22, 2008, 12:41 PM   #1

See Steve's hands on review here:

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ50

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2008, 10:28 AM   #2

This is an outstanding camera. Muuuuuuch better than previous Panasonic models. The picture quality is great and the camera is very easy to use. A few friends of mine have the Canon and Sony models but after they saw the DMC-TZ50S they were blown away.

I'm still trying to figure out the WiFi but I guess it would help if I read the manual...

deadastronaut001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:54 AM   #3

I am a hiker and backpacker. The size and weight of my camera is very important since I must carry it along with lots of other gear on the trails. The TZ series Panasonics seem to be unique in offiering 10X optical zoom in such a small package and I like it especially conisdering image quality and all other features.

I have a TZ5 which is the same as TZ50 minus WiFi but at a lower price. A feature I like not found in many other cameras of this type is the user selectable aspect ratio of 4:3 or 3:2 or 16:9. Specifically the 3:2 aspect ratio is absent from many (non-pro) cameras and that is the one I settled on after looking at full screen images on my computer screen. It would also be most useful for 4X6 prints but I usually don't go for prints. Full screen slideshows of the type you can get at phanfare.com (with a gig free just as Picasa) look great with the original image submitted at the 3:2 aspect ratio.

Also I am definitely a point and shooter with almost all photos taken using the intelligent auto mode.
gpsjoe is offline   Reply With Quote