Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:00 AM   #11

I'm having a heck of a time getting service on the camera. The Panasonic website says there is no match for the FZ18 and the phone numbergiven out from the main Panasonic number for the nearest service center has nobody home. Any suggestions?
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 1:16 PM   #12

The camera has been replaced by the FZ20. Go to the service page and select DMC-FZ18K and it will take you to the following link:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...el.DMC-FZ18K.S
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:15 PM   #13

Thanks. The link got me to a service center. I'll report back the results. Note: I only had this camerafour weeks before the problem occurred. I used my FZ8 in similar shooting environments for several years with no problem. I fully expect to have to service my DSLR for dust, but a point and shoot?
Old Sep 1, 2008, 10:49 AM   #14

Panasonic came through. The camera came back fixed for free under warranty. With no prior notice, I just packed the camera up with proof of purchase and sent it in. Came back two weeks later with no smudges. They didn't say what exactly they did, just that it was serviced. I missed the camera at the recent Burning Man as my only other point and shoot was a Fuji F30,that does very well, by the way,in a variety of conditions. I just had to zoom the old fashioned way, with my feet. I brought my DSLR, but didn't bring it out as it was VERY dusty with the wind whipping through the area. I saw a couple of DSLR users use shower caps to creatively protect their cameras. Anyway, Panasonic gets high marks from me for no problem service.