Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:58 AM   #1

i have a panasonic dmc ls75 digital camera. it was working for a while. it was like new. then i turned it off and turned it back on and it acted really bad. it showed a gray screen with a line (not a crack) and the lens came out and in over and over. then when i turned it off the screen was still bright. i had to take the batteries out. what is wrong with my camera
LumixLS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:38 PM   #2

I'm sorry to hear of your problem.

Try putting your battery in the charger to get a full charge but leave it out of the camera for a day or so. Then put it back in and see what happens. If it exhibits the same problem, talk to the vendor you purchased it from. They may allow an exchange if it is within a reasonable time from when you bought it.

If they won't help, I'm afraid it might mean dealing with the Panasonic Repair Center (which should be listed at the end of your Owner's Manual).

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:40 PM   #3

There are a few more things I would try but there is no guarantee

1.leave the battery out , at least over night... (as was suggested)......If you are using a 3rd party battery, go back to the original battery.

2. use another SD card especially one freshly formatted in another camera.

3. when the lens is extending and contracting , give it a little help, making sure it extends all the way and then retracts all the way.

4. if you make any headway at all set the camera back to the factory defaults...

5. If you get the camera working at all, be sure and format the card a few times in the camera.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote