Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:17 PM   #61

Thanks for your nicecomment.The colorof theplayground photo isslightlymore saturatedthan actual condition (camerawas set to max. saturation). The camera default setting was a bit dull for my taste. Ilove saturated colors .

In fact all my cameras is set to vivid mode (Fuji 50fd, Sony H2...).

The Canon SX10 is another good camera base on the review, I actually wanted to buy this camera but it wasn't out yet when I went to Beijing.

Whether it's the SX10 or FZ28, there's no clear winner between them, the choice is which set offeatureis most important to you, along with which model looks and feels best in your hands.
rontth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:34 AM   #62

Just to contribute some photos of my recent Japan (Tokyo/Osaka) trip. Photos taken frommy lovely Panasonic FZ28.

Takayama Alpine Route (23/4/09)

Dam at Takayama

Snow Corridor

Some part of the snow corridor is 20m high.

Shirakawago Gassho Village ( World Heritage Site )

Villagers still inhabit ancient homes featuring a steep thatched roof sloping at 60 degrees. These houses must be re-roofed every 30 to 40 years.

View of Mount Fuji from 5th station

Shinjuku nightlife

Some road stall photos

Somefood photos during my trip.

1st trial at takingclose upof flower during my trip, I think I couldhave done better as it was a rush shot.

tammysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 5:29 AM   #63

tammysh wrote:
Photos taken frommy lovely Panasonic FZ28.
Thank you, tammysh for letting us see these truly magnificent exposures. Japan seems to be a heaven of motives. Between your 33 uploads and all of rontth's past uploads, it goes to show what a perfect camera the FZ-28 is.

Perfect in the sense that you can carry one small (compared to a dSLR), lightweight and handy camera and come back with so much image quality.

I am the proud owner of a FZ-28 myself and have shot close to 9000 exposures with it since I got it late November last year.

Again, thank you for sharing such beauty and I was amazed that all of your night-shots were taken with the White Balance set to automatic - they came out wonderful!

Best regards from Norway!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote