Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:49 PM   #1

Why is there not a review of the FX500 on this site?

Is there something wrong with this camera? I am on several photography forums and the FX500 is hardly ever talked about.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:20 PM   #2

I think everyone is just flat snowed under with many, many digicams and all reviews are way behind schedule. Some sites, like DPReview, seems to be more interested these days in reviewing DSLR's only. Ofthe three sites where I read reviews, which are DPReview, here and DCResource.com, none of them have a review up yet on the FX500. It's probably stuck way down inthe pipeline somewhere and may yet be a while before you see anything. This site did noteven do a review of the previous model, the FX100, so I'm not sure you should even expect a review of the FX500 here.

The FX500 seems like a good enough model, but SO much news has hit since it came out, and the LX3 and/orG1 seems to be on everyone's mind when it comes to Panasonic digicams.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 6:14 PM   #3

Gotta agree with Greg. Just scroll up to to the top of the Panasonic forums and see the posted date for the FZ50 review which came out when? 2005?

I'm aggravated too waiting for the FZ28 and Canon SX1/10 IS reviews.
Scrench is offline   Reply With Quote