Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:22 PM   #1

I've owned this closeup lens for a while, but have not used it much with the FZ50.

I recently picked up the DMW-LA3 adaptor tube for the FZ28, so today I took the FZ28 outfit to the Arboretum to give the M150 a spin.

Depth of field with this lens fitted is extremely shallow, and you've got to be able to get within a foot or two in order to use this setup. Even being able to use f5.6, there are still subjects where you can obviously see the depth of focus not extending the full length of the main object in the image, but recording something this close is pretty cool and what is in sharp focus, is in really sharp focus, giving a really nice effect.

Clicking on any of these will take you to the page where there are more images to see that were taken with this lens, or if you want to view or downloadthese in the full, original size..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:07 AM   #2

Hi Greg

there is no doubt tha tone can reach high levels with such cams and good double elements diopters.

I ve just bought a FZ28 as a backup to my Canon dSLR.
After nearly 4 years with a FZ20 I could not avoid that, for a UZ is always welcome in some situations where a dSLR with its bag of optics is too much weight (or too much danger).

That said, I was doubtful between FZ28 and FZ50, but finally chose for the former:
depite the lack of F11, Twist LCD, flash hotshoe, I think I ll use the dSLR for serious macro. The WA of the 28 is very convenient and I already love this cam, more than I initially did with the FZ20...

Will write downmy review soon.

No doubt that it is rather easy (despite the scarce dof ) to do good shots with a Panny UZ and the macro lenses... and as far as close-up, also without any additional lens).

Overall I am really satisfied by that cam. More soon to come

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:59 AM   #3

Hello Greg,

I just love your macros! So beautiful and detailed with such sharp brilliant color.

Thank you for letting us have a look!

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2008, 6:57 PM   #4

Hi Greg

Nice series of macro shots - the bokeh looks good and the DOF even though very shallow works real well.

:O :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote