Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2008, 2:05 AM   #1

Based on the recommendations you guys gave me, I bought my wife a Panny FZ5 three years ago and she has gotten alot of enjoyment from it. On a trip we took last month, the LCD screen was accidentally broken. The EVF still works, but she was never a big fan of it, preferring to use the LCD instead. I thought this might be a good excuse to update her camera to a new model. I am seriously considering the FZ28, since I have read alot of positive comments about it, and the price is actually better than I paid for the FZ5 back then.

One thing I would like to ask is will the adapters and such that my wife has for the FZ5 (UV filter, polariser, Nikon 3T & 4T close up lenses) fit on the 28, or will I need to get a new set of add-ons for it? Also, does the 28 still use the same batteries that the FZ5 uses?

MLoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2008, 6:58 PM   #2

The adapter dia remaining the same as 55mm, you can use all the other attachments you were using for FZ5. However, I'm not sure about the battery, because the FZ28 battery is different from the one I was using for FZ3. I think FZ3 and FZ5 have the same battery, in which case you might have no use for the old batteries.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2008, 10:27 AM   #3

The older FZ models (1,2,3,4,5,10,15,20) use the CGA-S002 flat top battery.

The newer FZ models (7,8,18,28,30,50) use the CGR-S006 double round top battery.

You can use the older style battery in any of the newer cameras but not visa versa. And both styles can be charged in either charger.

I have my old FZ20 batteries handy to use in my FZ30 if needed.

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote