Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 28, 2003, 9:21 PM   #1
Default Need spare battery for your FZ1,FZ2?

Go there, and buy it for only 23,77$US, I do and am very satisfied, same quality as the Panasonic one.

Sergeď is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2003, 11:39 AM   #2

I bought one also from ebay. Seems to work about the same as the panasonic no complaints.
Tazman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2003, 12:53 PM   #3

I've bought two different 3rd party batteries for my FZ1 -- one from Eagle Imports and one from PJ's World (both are eBay stores). The one from Eagle Imports is working fine and performs as well as the genuine Panasonic. However, I just had to return two batteries to PJ's World. The first one they sent me was just the wrong battery, even though it was advertised as fitting the FZ1 (it was about 1/2 the thickness). The second battery they sent looks almost identical to the genuine Panasonic battery, but it slightly too long and won't fit in the battery charger and won't latch into the camera. Yeah, big problems! Thankfully, PJ's is giving me a refund, but I don't know if I'd buy a FZ1 battery from them because the manufacturer they're reselling doesn't seem to have the manufacturing tolerances needed to make sure the battery fits.

So, all 3rd party batteries are not created equal, and you have to be extra careful when the battery goes inside the camera instead of clipping on the outside (like most video cameras). It's good the Panasonic doesn't charge the batteries inside the camera as well -- I'm always hesitant about charging a 3rd-party battery inside my electronics.

PanaLumix Yahoo Group
EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote