Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 9, 2009, 1:14 PM   #1

Hi all I used to hang out in the kodak forum but have outgrown my Z710 and will be buying a FZ28k in the next week and I'm sooo looking forward to taking pics again as thats when Im at my happiest. What card do you think is a good one around the 2gb range thats not pricey yet has good write speed etc.
Cant wait.....lol
Shot with my z710
Attached Images
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2009, 3:15 PM   #2

Hello! I just got my fz28 a few weeks ago. And now my second post in this forum is on exactly the same thing, the sdhc card.

I got a Dane-Elec DA-SD8192R 8gb class 4 SDHC for only $12.99 at JR's. It works great, even for vids. And when you can get 8gig for 13 bucks, I'm not convinced its worth buying a 2gig card. The 8gig card can hold over a thousand pictures at max resolution.

AND, I just figured out yesterday that the FZ28 has a really cool function in replay mode that lets you view pictures by the day you took them. So you can just accumulate pics over several weeks, and then easily be able to view, in camera, what pics you took on what days. This should be especially powerful when combined with the "vacation" feature that tags pictures with the name and day of the vaction in the exif information. At home, I usually dump my pics to the computer very quickly, but on a long vacation when the pics stay on the camera, having an 8gig card and these nice organizational tools built in will be very handy.

The FZ28 is just an all around VERY nice camera!
Kilarin is offline   Reply With Quote