Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2009, 2:09 AM   #1

I'm wondering whether this lens is hard enough to prevent damage from repeated cleanings (blow brush, lens papers). I'm also wondering whether this lens already filters out a sufficient amount of UV. Both of these items are addressed in the link below, and this article has clouded the issue in my mind:

How about the seal around the foremost objective/element? Have any of you FZ28 users seen minute dust particles find their way around that glass and into the lens housing, especially after multiple cleanings? I have some older lenses this has happened to.

What about shooting in high moisture (fog or rain)? Is the factory mount of the foremost element watertight or will I need one of the waterproof UV MC filters in this situation?
I know about http://www.schneider-kreuznach.com/knowhow/mrc_e.htm
It looks impressive, but I'm not convinced of its efficacy at repelling light fog -- perhaps once larger droplets form they can roll off. I presume it's watertight around the glass.

I'd rather not add another chunk of glass in front of the already numerous elements of this camera's lens assembly if it isn't actually necessary.
Lazy Lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links