Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 4, 2009, 8:06 PM   #1

What focus setting should Iuseto film flag football games? My problem is that the cameragoes in and out of focus depending on the other players? Will this camera work or should I move my question to the"Whatcamera should I buy" forum?
buzz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2009, 11:10 AM   #2

I took a look at the manual for your camera. It would appear you want to change the focus mode to 1-area high speed which will only focus on something in the center of the frame. You don't want face detection or 9-area or 3-area.

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2009, 12:25 PM   #3

The manual also says that if you are in one of the three single focus modes it will focus more quickly if you are in continuous focus.

If you have used the continuous focus mode on other brand cameras don't expect the Panny to work the same. With other brands you can hold a half press and in continuous focus it continues to update the focus. So you can follow a target in a dynamic situation and have instant response when you see the shot you want. Panasonic cameras don't work that way. It freezes the focus when you half-press in continuous focus. It would be nice to have a real continuous focus shooting kids or a football game, but Panasonic seems to stick with a bad idea forever.

If you use continuous focus for the game remember to turn it off for movies. Focus tends to hunt with movies if you have CF selected.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote