Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Closed Thread
Old May 18, 2009, 1:23 PM   #11

Thanks, Jim.

Old May 19, 2009, 8:34 AM   #12

Dark Cobra.

We appreciate your "constructive criticism" on our ZS3 review. I personally did not write that review, however I did talk with the reviewer about it. He was very impressed with this camera, and went on to add that those images were taken from the Last row of seats or "nose bleed" section in that arena.

I think some people need to stop over analyzing these point-n-shoot camera images. If you view image P1000330.JPG at 25-30%, it looks decent. I'd bet that you could print a pretty nice 4x6 from that image as well, which is the size that 90% or more of consumers create with their photos.

The reason those images were posted, was to show what the camera would do in that situation. Most sports arenas will not allow you to take long telephoto lenses in (200mm was the posted max allowed at this one), so those in the back have little chance of capturing anything useful. While the images our reviewer took are not perfect, they are pretty darn good when you consider the shooting conditions they were taken in as well as the fact that these were hand-held shots.

Like Jim mentioned, if you have some opinions or comments about our reviews or the process in which we create them, please post something in the Contact Steve's area. That is what that section is for.

As for these comments

Originally Posted by Dark Cobra View Post
The review verbiage on far too many cameras here can almost be copied and pasted into the next review of a similar camera and pretty much just change the name.

You can now close my account and erase this thread . . . sweeping truth under the rug has gone on too long here and closing this will definitely be in keeping with the contiuance of erasing truth here.
We do no such thing here, and I, personally, don't appreciate those kinds of accusations.

This thread is now Closed. If you want to comment on the quality of an image from said camera, that's one thing, but taking the thread off topic and bashing Steve's is another.
Closed Thread