Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 23, 2009, 12:31 PM   #31

Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
....difference is the camera gear I used for these will work in situations like above where the FZ28 isn't capable
This is very true, John. I explored the possibilities of superzoom indoor action photography myself when I posted these from my Kodak Z712 (roughly comparable to the FZ28) a couple of years ago...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out/132644-musical-performance-choral-commitment.html and...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/biweekly-shoot-out/132795-musical-performance-concentration.html .

As the action there was nothing like as active as Ellandry's dancing I'm pretty confident I couldn't have done any better than his/her FZ28 shots.

That said, some of my shots of the choir stood up well against the top-notch Nikon kit of the retired professional photographer friend I'd taken along to do the job properly (especially the formal choir shots). I was astonished just recently to see one of mine used in the choir's publicity posters, still with its horrible yellow cast from the horrifically mixed lighting types.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 2:08 PM   #32

Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Define "quality".
Simple - quality must have sharp and well exposed and have an interesting subject and few distractions. Like it or not sometimes you can't achieve that. In those cases a quality shot isn't possible. A shot without blur bot poor noise and no detail is still a poor shot. You can still choose to take the shot but it wont be quality.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote