Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 23, 2009, 12:11 AM   #1
Default DMC-FZ28 Indoor shots fuzzy

I am a novice user and am having great difficulty getting clear pictures of my infant indoors. Most of my pictures come out fuzzy. Any ideas on what the common mistakes are and what I should be trying in order to get clear pictures?
jcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2009, 8:01 AM   #2

The most common issue is motion blur from subject movement because indoor lighting is much dimmer to a camera than it appears to the human eye. So, you'll end up with very slow shutter speeds that aren't fast enough to freeze subject movement (and you can run into the same issues with blur from camera shake).

Your best bet is to use a flash indoors.

If for some reason you can't use a flash, you'll want to increase your ISO speed. Each time you double the ISO speed, the camera can use shutter speeds twice as fast for the same lighting and aperture. However, unless your subject is relatively motionless, you may find that shutter speeds may still be too slow for the desired results. If you don't zoom in as much, that can help, too (as your lens is going to be brightest on the wider end of it's zoom setting).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2009, 10:59 AM   #3

There is a similar thread going on here where a lot of information/suggestions have been presented. There are several different opinions on which technique works best in low light conditions. As Jim stated, using flash most likely will eliminate the problem. If you find that the flash does not have enough reach, increase the flash output (power) and/or the ISO to 400. For all other possible options, check the other thread.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 10:10 AM   #4

Another option would be to use a slave flash like the Digimax 3000 and bounce the needed light from either a ceiling or a wall. It really does work quite well.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; May 27, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote