Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:56 PM   #1
Default Are Panasonic's photos dull compared to Canon's?

I'm considering purchasing the ZS3 (TZ7) or one of the Canon range (SD780/SD940/SD980).

What I'd like to know from people who have used any of these cameras is if the ZS3's photos are a little dull in color in comparison to the Canon's? The reason I ask is that I recently had the FS15 and found the photos lacked vibrancy in colours (the pictures generally appeared dull) and this was the main factor I didn't like.

Your thoughts on this appreciated and any particular reason to choose one over the other.
drkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:47 PM   #2

There are several different colour settings to choose from, including Vivid. I much prefer the TZ7 to my old Canon
LizG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:20 PM   #3

drkash - I have to say that Canon seems to have a more reliable color range in images. Color tones are usually spot on. Ive tried and compared many cameras ... the Panasonic ZS3 against the SD 780, 960, 990 and even the S90. Ive found the ZS3 to be wanting in many aspects especially in image quality (flash or no flash - vivid or not). The S90 is Canon's baby AND proves to be the best in image quality in terms of the point and shoots.
cheezisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:25 AM   #4

As other have noted. Setting up your camera is important and the FZ-35 does allow you to set up the colors as you desire them.

Personally, I have found no problems with color at all. Here is one of my own FZ-35 photos to show you a sample. If you would like me to provide a 100% crop as well, I will be happy to post it for you.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote