Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 17, 2003, 6:57 AM   #1
Default Talked to a Ritz Rep about FZ10

This weekend I was at a DigiCam/photo seminar sponsored by Popular Photography and Ritz (and also Sony & JASC). Anyway I walked up to the Ritz Rep and was talking about the FZ1 and he said, "That's a real sweet camera!" I then mentioned the FZ10 and when does he expect to have it. He said that they are going to be carrying it, but have not received an official release date. He said that they have received all the promo materials, flyers, posters, etc. He also said that the FZ10 and the Digital Rebel "will be the hotties" this Christmas. So, there you go.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2003, 7:19 AM   #2

Panasonic is going to actually promote the FZ10? How unique. I tell friends interested in purchasing a digicam about the FZ1 and FZ10 and their reply is they never heard of them. They have checked out various magazines and so forth to make an educated choice and Panasonic simply isnt there. Is Ritz going to be the only retailer pushing the FZ10? Panasonic has to get it into the big retailers like Best Buy (which doesnt handle Panasonic cameras)and Circuit City (which does have Panasonic but the FZ1 and FZ10 are not in their system). Walmart has the FZ1 on the web but not in the store. It will be interesting to see the "promo materials, flyers, posters, etc" but it may be to late for xmas buyers.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote