Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:09 AM   #1
Default FZ35 Slide Show Question for Owners

I posted this question on DP review but got no responses. I agree slide shows are a very minor consideration for most when buying a camera, but I have found this function important for my uses. Hopefully, an FZ35 owner on this forum will ride to my rescue with an answer.
I have read the manual and am not clear about the slide show options on the FZ35. I'm hoping to be able to do is make slide shows with video clips and stills both included, in chronological order.
With my Canon's, I play mixed slide shows (stills and videos) into a DVD recorder w/hard drive and make DVDs from that. My FZ28 won't do this,....in fact, it won't play videos as a slide show period. Otherwise, itís a great camera and I plan on getting the FZ35, which I hope has the mixed slide show capability.
The Panasonic promo info hints the above can be accomplished with the Z35 but the manual indicates either stills OR movies can be shown as a slide show,.....but doesn't state they can be done together in chronological sequence. I'm hoping the "All" menu option means both stills and movies. Any help from owners appreciated. Thanks!
Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:30 PM   #2

If the camera doesnt play the files in sldeshow mode sequentially you may be out of luck. The alternative is to use something like windows movie maker but the issue will be that camera movies are not in avi or mpg format (a reason I dislike quick time as it is not compatible with most available slideshow or movie making software).

Check the application disk that comes with the camera to make sure that the capability you want is not already provided.
sdromel is offline   Reply With Quote