Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:59 AM   #1
Default Getting the Turn Camera Off and then Back on Again Error on my TZ5

I have a TZ5 and I am getting the dreaded error of "turn camera off then back on again" message shortly after turning it on in all modes except for the movie mode for some reason. I've tried what others have suggested on the net, like shooting compressed air, vacuum around the lense, etc... The problem did start after we took it to the beach. So I am thinking sand is the problem, like it was for so many others. But if it is, why would movie mode be ok? Any other suggestions on tricks to get this thing to work would be appreciated. Thanks
ral8088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2009, 2:51 PM   #2
Default TZ5 error message

Hi, Unfortunatly this error message is not very specific it appears whenever a fault or operational problem ocours in Panasonic Cameras and in your case the problem is more than likely due to the lens failing as you have admitted a possibilty of sand ingress, listen carefully when you turn it on and go to full extended zoom (if it lets you get this far) listen for any grit like noise and light score marks on the lens turret, shooting air into the lens from the final lens end will not help in fact it may make matters worse as it has nowhere to go inside and may even get on to the sensor etc.
camtechman is offline   Reply With Quote