Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:32 AM   #1
Default FZ28 Shutter problem

I have an FZ28 purchased over the Internet during Dec 2008. When new there was an intermittent problem with a sticking iris or shutter (full display of camera fetures on both LCD and view finder, but no picture through the lens). The local official Panasonic representitive (I live in South Africa) could not, or would, not repair the camera, even at my cost, as it was supplied from the USA.
However the problem fixed itself and the camera has worked reasonably well over the past 6 months, though not used often with only about 200 shots taken, but now has the fault is permanent and I can't use it at all.

I also have an FZ27 that has given no problems over the 3-4 years that I have had it

Are there any thoughts on how I can get the new camera operating again, remmbering there is no local support.

Jim Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:15 AM   #2

Chances are, it's the main imaging sensor (or supporting component) causing the issue, versus a mechanical problem. It could also be a cracked circuit board, cold solder joint or something else preventing a signal from the imaging sensor. It would best be repaired by Panasonic or an authorized repair center that has the parts, expertise and alignment/service software (proprietary to a manufacturer and usually not available to unauthorized repair facilities) needed for that specific model.

But, I'm not familiar with how they handle service in your part of the world. BTW, it's not uncommon for manufacturers to refuse to service gray market gear. So, it's a good idea to buy products that are intended for sale in the country you live in, from an authorized dealer in that country.
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote