Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Super Moderator
Default Panasonic Updates ZS/TZ and ZR/ZX Series

ZS7 - replacement to the ZS3 (now with GPS, manual controls, updated OIS and better video)

ZR3 - replacement to the ZR1 (better video)
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2010, 6:26 PM   #2

I'm glad that the dial is back where it belongs (not on the edge). The GPS feature is nice. I read on the specs that the internal time is automatically adjusted to the local time using the GPS receiver. I could have used that 9 years ago in Las Vegas. I took a bunch of pictures before I realized that I didn't put the clock back 3 hours.

It's amazing how far digital cameras have come the past 10 years. Almost 10 years ago I bought my first digital camera, an Olympus C-3000Z, for about $800.

From 3MP, 3x optical, no OIS, crappy QuickTime video, max. storage 128MB (SmartMedia) to 12MP, 12x optical, very effective OIS, HD video and 64GB+ storage (SDXC) in 10 years for half the price! It's even substantially better than the Panasonic TZ3 I purchased 3 years ago. If the review is good and I expect it to be, I'm getting one this spring.
dampfnudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:49 PM   #3

If I get another camera this year, it better come with a divorce attorney as an accessory!!! And the year has just begun!

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote