Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:18 AM   #1
Default Morning Dandelion Seed Heads

I stepped out this morning to grab the paper from the driveway and catch a little sunrise...and some dewy dandelion seed heads got my attention. I like the potential of the first two though I'm troubled by the sharpness/focus/softness(?). I think they're off "just enough," but I don't have the experience/vocabulary to confidently articulate what I'm seeing.
In the last two shots especially, the stem and base of the seeds seem to be the sharpest - is it simply where/how I chose to focus this many-faceted subject, or is this a DOF issue? Though the last one represents the scene well I think it's a little bright. Which would have been more appropriate, a faster shutter speed or lower ISO? Next time I'll experiment with both, but I'm wondering if there is a rule of thumb to consider first.
P Mode; Macro Zoom.
1)f/2.8 1/30 ISO80
2)f/2.8 1/30 ISO100
3)f/2.8 1/30 ISO125
Attached Images

Last edited by AaronB; Feb 6, 2010 at 11:22 AM.
AaronB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:15 PM   #2

The middle photos looks the best in terms of sharpness. I think you were hoving around the minimum macro focusing distance.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote