Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:27 AM   #11

All the shots are just beautiful, especially the cats. Alun cat shot is crystal clear, I believe he too uses a FZ35. Lovely photo's guys.

Please Alun give us your setting of the duck & cat photo's so I can try them out on my FZ35. Thanx in advance.

Last edited by Paul O; Feb 11, 2010 at 6:35 AM.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:10 AM   #12

Thanks for the comments, the only reason i put these pictures in "Happy Peasants" thread was they were so similar to the title.
The two ducks i put up were taken yesterday with a FZ38/35, cropped and resized in Irfanview, although to me look a little "over sharpened"
Camera settings for most of my shots with this camera are in "P" mode and on a bright day i manually set the iso to 100. My daughter took the picture of the "pussycat on the bench" while out the garden, so pretty much all settings would be on auto. I think the FZ35/38 is a great camera as it is so easy to take such great shots. I'm starting to like the burst mode as well as the auto bracket mode which both take three shots at a time and can reduce a little camera shake. Back to the original posters photo's i think they are great and look forward to seeing some more.
ps. i leave the exif data in the photo's so if you download the photo's you can view the exif data and camera settings that were used.
Alun_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:42 PM   #13

Thanks Happy! If I may call you that... Your duck pictures were taken with FZ35, that is Panasonic, right? I love the first one. What ISO was that?

Thanks and all the best.

Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:58 PM   #14

aaa that lion from first post is stunning! great contrast , great , just right saturatin!really nice.
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:47 PM   #15

Thanks Ned. You can call me Happy. Or Steve. Regarding that first shot
0.002 sec (1/500) Aperture: f/3.7 Focal Length: 37.8 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: +0.33 EV Flash: Off, Did not fireAlso, White Balance was set for cloudy. It was snowing, but there is no white balance setting for that.

Thanks Hrvoje. I hope you mean a tiger though. I have really bad eyes and actually could confuse them at this point in time. :-)
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote