Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2010, 3:49 PM   #1
Default Copying FZ35's AVCHD Lite video clips to DVD

Just yesterday I had my first brief experiences using Panasonic's DMC FZ35 and captured a few clips to sample its video capabilities. So I started thinking again of my original concern in getting a digital camera with HD options, how does one retain the high resolution on a standard DVD-R?

I have a Panasonic Blu-Ray player that has has an SD viewing slot, but my Pioneer DVD-R recorder does not have an HDMI connection to make a HD copy.

As an alternative, is it correct in thinking that if I have a 2009 iMac I can use iMovie to burn the necessary files onto the computer's DVD recording set-up and have a disc that will be able to show it on my Blu-Ray player in HD?

And if so, what all will I need as far as software and hard disc space to do the job?
mwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:38 PM   #2

I convert my AVCHD Lite video clips to HD avi then copy them to a DVD -R to play on my LG HD DVD player (not blueray) via HDMI connection.

If you copy your AVCHD Lite video clips directly to a blueray disc it should play on your Panasonic Blu-Ray player, from what I've read.
Paul O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:16 AM   #3

You have Pany fz35 and pany bluray with SD card slot?great.Just put SD card from your camera to your BR player, you should be able to play full quality videos .
Dvd is SD (standard definition), not HD(high def.) so you can watch max. 576i output , and movies made by pany are 1280x720 (720p).

I dont have BR unfortunaly(If someone has one and doesnt need it , please , be a friend ) so I connect my camera with HDMI cable to my Panasonic HDTV . Picture is great.Alternativy I put it on my laptop and than again with HDMI cable connect laptop to HDTV.
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote