Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:49 AM   #1
Default FZ50 Samples needed please

This is my first post on Steves Digicams, so hello everyone.

I have an FZ50 which is still the benchmark camera for me. In the past I have used Steves standard sample images extensively to decide for myself how good a camera is. But when Steve stopped using the Bon Appetit & Marina Cafe shot years of personal knowledge of which cameras performed well and in what way crashed on the rocks. I'll never forget how the Canon A620 became the first pocket CAM to pick out clearly all those tiles on the roof; for example.

One camera I do know however is my FZ50. As you can see here the camera still punches above its weight:

But what I'd really like is some FZ50 samples of the currently used sample images like the canon, fire station and especially the Golden Gragon.

It's a long shot I know but can anyone grab any of these shots at all, even if no more that having an excuse to go and have a drive around?
John Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:55 AM   #2

Welcome to the Forum and to the Panasonic P+S Folder. We're delighted that byou dropped by.

I am sorry to say that your request is really very much a long, long, shot. I am sorry to say that I do not have any of the photos requested. Please tell as why you need them as you are already using the FZ-50. I can show you FZ-50 photos, as I am also an old FZ-50 user, but I cannot provide copies of those specific photos.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:31 PM   #3
Default Thanks for the welcome

By knowing the FZ50 and having a copy of one of the sample photos used at Steves Digicams, photos better than the FZ50 sample are better than the FZ50 etc. I used the Bon Appetite cafe constantly, based on owning an FZ20 and comparing its output samples with other cameras:

Ah those were the days.
John Miles is offline   Reply With Quote