Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 17, 2010, 3:52 PM   #1
Default FZ35, what is wrong? Picture is Orange tint.

I had to take a photo of my wife, she is of mid-tone complexion. I shot at f3.2-f4.0 and 1/80 with flash on and WB has been set to Florescent and as well set K. Somehow the face appeared dark . Also the picture is more orange tint. also remember the picture setting is at default (contrast, sat, sharp and NR are at 0). ISO max set to 200. Focus is Face priority. Metering Multi and center

The subject is against a pale cream wall and the light is above the head 5' diagnolly.

somehow I didnot like the output. Also tried the iA and Shutter priority @ 1/60, 1/80 and 1/100 also tried with the above ISO.

Please guide me through, I may not post the picture. Help
fz35pana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:02 PM   #2
Super Moderator

the fluorescent white balance mode is balance for the cool bluish fluorescent lights, so it tends to push the warmth, or orange of your shot up quite bit.

it simply warms up the photo too much for flash photography.

auto white balance usually does ok for flash. but if you find its a little too cool (blue) then you may try the flash white balance or even the cloudy white balance.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 4:32 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forum and to the Panasonic P+S folder. We have a very active group of FZ-35 users her in the folder, so we also welcome you. I also use the FZ-35 camera.

Better yet, you can improve your flash photos by using the Flash WB which is available on the FZ-35. You will get better results.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote