Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Default Panasonic TZ7 - Turning off TV slideshow music question

Have just tried watching a movie from my TZ7 on my TV, when I play it, I get the music from the slideshow, how can I turn it off?

The music is OK when looking at pictures, but when I watch a movie that I have taken, I want to hear the audio track.

Melscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:08 PM   #2

Welcome to the Forum. We're delighted that you dropped by.

It sounds as if the problem you are facing has to do with how the movie was edited and compiled. What software was used? Are you playing the movie from a SD Card through the camera (not probable) or playing from a CD?

The sound track came from somewhere, let see if we can isolate where it came from initially. Does you movie have a sound track? Do you have a slide show that has a sound track? Based on what you have reported, the sound track was put either with the movie or with a slide show.

Another big difference is the software that was used to set up the (1)movie, and (2) possibly a slide show??

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:15 AM   #3

Sarah, Hi.
I think the problem may well be in the camera firmware itself. On my FZ38 I once also had the same problem. Took a short video, but could not cut off the background music to hear the video soundtrack. This when using the optional HDMI cable to a TV.
I don't often do video, so have not looked into resolving this either!
dbnnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:47 PM   #4

I too dont uderstand how you get music while wathcing movies.
there are 2 ways to watch files from camera on tv

1)hdmi-mini hdmi cable , I have it. Basiclly you look at photos with all options as if youre watching it on camera .

2)taking SD card from camera and putting it in panasonic HDTV. Ive also done that , but my TV sees only photos ? so when I watch it , I can get music in the backdground. I only suppose Melscot has a similiar tv but probobly with video options too, so when he watchs it , music from tv disturbs him .
If I remember correctly , you can switch back.music off or change it to another style (pop classic etc)

Which TV you have anyway?Couse this camera should support VIERA link but I dont understand how .
hrvoje xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:54 AM   #5

Hi Guys, thanks for responding to my original message.

Have now found the answer, it's on page 84 in the manual. The music was playing in slideshow mode, where there are 4 or 5 different types of background music. I've now found how to turn it off.

I can now watch a slide show, with the camera connected to the TV using an HDMI cable, and when it comes to a movie, I can hear the soundtrack.
Melscott is offline   Reply With Quote