Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:55 PM   #101
Default Returning my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19

I simply cannot deal with the software that restricts one to viewing the AVCHD videos with the software. I want my .MOV files back - I could convert those easily and easily burn both videos and stills to a DVD-R.

I called Panasonic Tech Support and was told that in order to view the videos taken with this particular camera - I "have" to use the software. I find the software limiting.
("Photo Fun Studio 8.1 PE")

Bought this camera at Costco so I have 3 months to return it - I make slideshows and enjoy doing so - using both vids and stills and my own music. I've used video converters but my converter cannot "convert" this video file extension to a .MOV or even an .AVI.

I believe it's high time for me to research some cameras - my budget is limited to $350.00 at this time. On the "up" side this camera is EXCELLENT for stills - VERY pleased with it. Any feedback is much appreciated.
Wolfzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:54 AM   #102

Originally Posted by Joe Bananas View Post
I've converted .MTS files to .MP4 using Handbrake. Using the highest quality setting, the resulting files come out at half their original size.

Best of all its free and very easy to use.

Yes, as others have said, Handbrake is great and very user friendly to convert mts files. Funnily enough I've been using it quite a bit this week to put some movies on my iPhone.
Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
floatpave is offline   Reply With Quote