Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:26 PM   #1
Default Why I'm now even happier I bought the FZ35

Like a lot of people I anguished over whether to jump in with the FZ35 or wait for the Fuji HS-10.

After reading just about every post lately on the FS-10 both here and at DPR, and man are they having some dramas with that camera!

I guess it's partly to do with the fact that the Panny is 3rd generation (FZ18, 28, 35/38) using a conventional but mature technology sensor, along with the universally acknowledged brilliance of the Leica lens. Panny has arguably the best image processor too with the Venus hardware and software.

Everywhere I look people are getting just fantastic sometimes gob-smacking results with their FZ's, and they seem extremely happy too.

I'm sure over time people will get good results from the Fuji also, but with a lot more hard work.

So thanks again Sarah and everyone else for your recommendations way back then, I have not had a single regret and can say unequivocally that this is the best camera I have ever owned. In fact I think it might be the best camera in the history of the universe!

Kind Regards
chillgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Super Moderator

New models will always draw alot of drama. Partially it can be attributed to true limitations of the equipment. But, also can be partly due to unrealistic expectations of the consumer. The great thing about an established like like the FZ series is the technology is mature and refined, as are the expectations of the user.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:04 PM   #3

You guys are right on,...what a super little camera.

As for the lens, I get wonderful results on 3mp high speed bursts and even the video grabs are good. Some of that is probably the superior image stabilization, the best I've ever seen. Full rez shots are great too, of course.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pany keeps with this FZ concept pretty much as is for the future. There are a few things they could tweak in the software without changing the handling of this little beauty.

Setter Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:59 PM   #4

ya well i still havent got back my fz35 i lent out for a trip....lol. I'm stuck with my s200exr at the moment.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote