Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 16, 2010, 3:41 PM   #1
Default ZS7/TZ10 problem with flash uniformity and vignetting

I am finding a problem with flash uniformity and vignetting on my new ZS7. At 25mm wide angle under low light condition in close distance, the flash does not illuminate the left lower corner. The first pic shows a 25mm wide angle flash shot 2 feet away from a wall in a completely dark room. The second pic is same setting macro shot from 6 inches away, both using intelligent auto setting. I didn't have this problem with my old ZS3 which has the same 25mm wide angle lens. I know vignetting can be a problem with wide angle lens and weak flash casting a shadow from the lens, but I want to be sure my ZS7 is not more severe than others. I notice this problem only at 25mm wide angle setting indoors with flash, even at longer distance across a room. Since I just got the camera, I can still exchange it if my degree of dark shading at the lower left corner is worse than expected. Can someone try the same 25mm wide angle flash shot without zoom in a completely dark room less than 2 feet from a wall with intelligent auto setting on a ZS7 or TZ10 and post the result of this simple test? Thanks.
Attached Images
rolodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links