Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 27, 2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Default got my hands on a zs6 (some questions!)

from reading the reviews and scouring the web, it seems the costco version of the zs7 is the zs6 (basically, no gps.)

reason i wanted to preview and like this:

i currently have a canon sd750. yes, for 3 yrs old, the picture quality of newer cameras have jumped significantly, even for a non-professional like me. main use of my camera - taking shots of my girls and wife. things i like about the sd750:

1. the biggest thing is the shooting speed. i cannot believe how this dinosaur shoots at 1.7 fps! it didn't hit me until i tried out the sx200, sx210, and the s90, which i really was impressed with. sadly, the fastest of the bunch is the s90, at 0.9 fps.

2. lcd screen: i need a 3-inch NON wide-screen. the sd750 has it, albeit at 230k dots. the s90 has a 3-inch at 460k dots. awesome. but #1 killed the s90.

3. image quality, of course. for better or for worse, i like the juicy canon look, even on the lcd. i use my camera as my portable diary. i guess if someone wanted a glimpse into my heart my sd card would provide the most compelling evidence. i checked out the zs3 a while back, and did not like it, aside from #4 (see below.) but having seen samples of the zs7 (indirectly, the zs6) esp with the warm and happy modes i'm sure i can live with it.

4. size - i don't want a brick, and it has to fit my pocket. i understand the power and speed of slrs, but i have no desire to lug around a brick. the zs3 was a touch too big. the s90 is about as big as i am willing to live with.

so.....with all that in mind: welcome the zs6.

i just got it this pm, and have not had a chance to fool around with it. i did do one thing, so i need some expert help here. i'll simplify, and say that the zs6 meets conditions 2, 3 and 4. but....

on PAPER (well, website and the net), it states the continuous shooting speed is 2.3 fps. what i have been doing is 'drag racing' the cameras i test. i was flabbergasted to see the difference of 0.9 fps (s90) and 1.7 fps (sd750). there's a pause before the s90 shows the pic on the lcd.

in my mind, i assume that the camera that takes the picture first shows it on the lcd first. please educate me...

so i conducted the speed test, setting both to auto. i expected 2.3 fps (zs6) to smoke the 1.7 fps (sd750). well, it didn't. i am bummed. how does that work???? i'm stumped.

so...if the the zs6 does not work...any suggestions?

THANKS for slugging through my post and hearing me out.
locksinajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links