Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:45 AM   #1
Default Some photos on my FZ35 from my mountain getaway...

...or as I like to call it, being ridiculous with the camera while earning the ire and annoyance of your wifal unit....

Here's some of the shots my wife and I took while we were staying in Luray VA for our anniversary. It was the first time she got to use the FZ35 to any extent, and it went over like a hit with her. She loved the fact that she could point and shoot with minimal fuss, which fits with her rather instinctual mode of shooting.

One of her shots in Luray Caverns, using the night scene setting. The lighting got a little harsh, which threw the light balance off - there'll be some time on Photoshop to settle it out. I do need to teach her about how to get a proper spot exposure metering. But given that we didn't even use flash once (unlike everyone else and their mother in the caverns), it's pretty impressive:

What my wife was not impressed with, however, was my dogged insistence on pulling out the Slik tripod every once in awhile, and for some ridiculous reason, taking 5 shots of the exact same spot. She wasn't the best fan of my first try at HDR. Hmmm....

(Indoor caverns 'lake' - The pool of water is actually no deeper than 6" in any area of it!)

(Sorry about the people in that one - it was trying both my patience and particularly my wife's patience waiting for people to get out of the way for one shot, let alone 5 in a sequence!)

A big thanks to Edufloyd for his quick tutorial in taking images for HDR images with the FZ35. I'm going to get even more ambitious next time, and work on exposure increments of 2/3s, or even 1/3s....

Oh, and just because, here's some panorama shots I took using the panorama assist, and stitched together using the Arcsoft panorama software.

I'll put up more once I've started editing the rest of the collection.

Last edited by FlimFlam; Jun 4, 2010 at 7:01 AM. Reason: Added details in notes.
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:00 AM   #2

Stalactites and stalagmites, cool.

Nice shots there FlimFlam
Old Jun 2, 2010, 9:31 AM   #3

I have been to Luray Caverns, simply amazing place.

Thanks for sharing these with us.
Cherokee Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote