Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:50 PM   #11

Originally Posted by Setter Dog View Post
VI Girl,

My grandson was on the 7 and 8 year old all star team this year. One of the best players on the team was Hailey, a sweet little gal that could really play the game. She was solid at first base and catcher and could run the bases like a deer! She was the only girl in the league and she sure made everyone proud. The boys all loved her and, as they say, she was just "one of the boys."

Our Little League field is almost completely surrounded by protective fencing. I took most of my shots from out by the right field fence. That was okay for the batter etc but when the action was over at third, I needed Big Fuzzy,.....

My action shots were with high speed burst at 3mp and they were okay. Due to the burst limitations, I got my best action clips from video grabs. So, it's very clear that I need more zoom and better burst!

My girls were a bit older than that when they started playing (they switched from softball). My then 14-year-old was pretty lonely because the boys wouldn't talk to her. They weren't being mean, they just were so discombobulated by having a girl on the team even though she could totally play and keep up with them and then some. She used to ask me to buy her a pack of gum so she could offer it around the dug-out to get them to talk to her! It took the first season but after that it was just fine, though gotta say they never looked like "one of the boys"! Those uniforms just don't fit teenage girls in any flattering way!

The fencing is kind of a problem isn't it? I used to just stick my little Fujifinepix through the chainlink, pretty much a point and pray situation and not very often my prayers were answered!

Do you think you can get Big Fuzzy for a trial run when ball season starts? At least to be able to check it out for real for yourself?
VncvrIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote