Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:20 PM   #1
Default FZ35 - Disappointed w/ the inconsistent indoor flash shots - Please help...

I am not sure how to posts pics here with comments in between so, if you wouldn't mind checking out the following thread that would be great!

ftlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2010, 3:47 PM   #2

I did not read the entire thread as it's too long. Looking at the pictures, I don't think that the FZ images have a reddish cast to them. Instead, I think the Z612 has a bluish tone to it. I'd say the FZ images are more accurate in terms of color. There's also a difference in terms ISO settings between the Z and the FZ shots. All FZ shots were taken with ISO greater than 300 while the Z612 shot was taken with ISO 125. This affects the image in many ways. Lower ISO = more details, higher ISO = more light (brighter image). So, you are really not comparing apples to apples. Set both cameras to P mode and ISO to 100 (some cameras may start at 80 but most will have 100) and then take the shots. Do not use iA because each camera may choose its own settings and again you may not be comparing apples to apples.

To post your images here, copy the URL of the location of your picture, click on the yellow icon (mountain/sun) and paste the URL into it. Click OK and submit the post. Your image will be inserted. Or, re-size the image to 244K (or smaller), click on "go advanced", Manage Attachments and upload the images from your computer into this site. Click OK to exit. please note that if your image is larger than 244K, it will be severely compressed by the site automatically and it will loose resolution big time. Hope this helps.

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote